Find the answers to your most pressing questions.
Reset Search



Does NYU Wagner offer financial aid?

« Go Back


NYU accepts federal and private student loans, which are the only need-based financial aid available to Wagner students since all scholarships are merit-based. 

There are four types of aid available to NYU Wagner students. These are:

Research Assistantships
  • Compensation may vary depending on the type of funding.
  • RAs are hired by the Wagner research centers and institutes. Research assistantship opportunities are announced as they become available, typically at the end of summers or start of semesters.
  • Appointments are typically for one year, sometimes renewed.
    Both incoming and continuing students are eligible.
    Projects are diverse, and some are administered outside the University. Responsibilities, qualifications, stipends and tuition assistance may vary.
Need-Based Aid
  • Need-based financial aid consists of government subsidized and unsubsidized student loans and grants, such as the Robert T. Stafford Student Loan Program and the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). The NYU Office of Financial Aid coordinates all federal loans for students.
  • To apply for all federal aid, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). NYU strongly recommends filing online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
  • For more information about loans, federal aid, the FAFSA and other information, visit NYU's Office of Financial Aid website at http://www.nyu.edu/financial.aid/ or contact the office at 212.998.4444 or email financial.aid@nyu.edu.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
  International Student Aid
For more information regarding financial aid visit: https://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships



Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255